INTONA has a long established reputation for quality work on homes, and commercial and industrial properties. They have considerable experience in new build projects and extensions, plus remodelling projects such as garages, attic conversions, kitchen and bathroom refurbishments, paths and driveways
The company was formed by Ron and Irene Mitchell in October 1994 following 10 years service with a national preservation company, Ron as a surveyor and area manager. Irene also worked for the same company for a similar amount of time. This gave them the chance to form their own company - Intona - IN TOUCH WITH OLD NEW AND ANCIENT.
The company began in a house in the Downfield area of Dundee. It was solely a timber preservation and damp proofing company at that time. Surveys were carried out by Ron Mitchell, with all admin work being done by his wife Irene.
The company moved to its present site in Fairfield Street, Dundee in 2003 after the preservation side began to grow very quickly, resulting in the need for new and larger premises, and still continues to grow. Then in 2005 the company began its asbestos survey and bulk sampling division. Today, it carries out asbestos surveying, bulk sampling and unlicenced removal.
Intona has the following accreditations: Constructionline, Acclaim, Property Care Association and Trustmark and among the recent contracts carried out by the company are the following:
- The company constructed new rooms and a very discreet balcony area to a rooftop in Craigcrook Road, Edinburgh (a conservation area).
- The upgrading of Queen Vic Bar in Lancaster, North England which had to be completed within a timescale which did not disrupt the regular custom of the bar. This included removal of walls and fitting of necessary steel for support, construction of seating and bar and new toilet facilities.
- The insertion of 8M long steelwork into a Post Office in Broughty Ferry to support a decayed beam over the front of shop, without closing the Post Office.
- Double garage with masonry to match original stonework of villa in Stirling Road, Edinburgh.
- Double level extension with internal spiral down to converted basement area to Glamis Terrace, Dundee.
- Conversion of attic to bedroom, bathroom and ensuite installation to first floor, demolition of outhouses and complete installation of new kitchen to Grade A Listed Building in Cupar, Fife.